Thursday, February 13, 2014

Decisions, Decisions

So I submitted my ELT rewrite (yayyyyyyy).

That's fine and that's good and I was dying to be done with it... but now I need something to work on. I don't do well in between projects. It's like I need a goal, something to focus on; otherwise I let the days slip by in a blur of... I don't even know. Curriculum meetings. Lean Cuisines. Laundry. Always, the laundry. Which is okay, I guess. My family needs clean clothes. But I need to DO something with MYSELF.

Anyway, my post about trunk novels got me thinking about projects I've always meant to return to. About three years ago, I wrote this ghost story in a boy POV. I just wanted to see if I could get into a guy's head. This morning I opened the file, kind of cringing, expecting the worst. But then I read the opening pages and remembered how much I love this raging, broken, beautiful boy.

I was sucked right back in.

I'm debating on whether I want to dive back into this story, though. I know, as soon as I get absorbed, I'll get notes from Donna to work on ELT. And I really should start writing the rough draft for Spring 2016 book, which we've already agreed on.

But it's, like... CALLING to me.

There's major work required. I want to take out the paranormal element, which is kind of the point, since it's a GHOST STORY. But the end twist never really worked, and I think the story could work as a thriller.

I just love the characters so much. I can't let them go.

I think I've gotta do it.


1 comment:

  1. I think you can cheat with your ghost story for a little bit. I won't tell ;-)

    ReplyDelete